Safety & Security
Fan Code of Conduct
The Grossinger Motors Arena management team is committed to creating a safe and comfortable environment and enjoyable entertainment experience. Fans have a right to expect an environment in which they will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel. Accordingly, fans are responsible for their own conduct.
The following standards have been established with respect to fan conduct:
- Fans are entitled to enjoy the event experience free from disruptive or inconsiderate behaviors or unruly actions.
- Fans may not interfere with the event and/or athletes in any manner.
- Fans shall refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Fans may not engage in fighting, throwing objects or other behavior deemed detrimental to the experience of other guests.
- Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to venue staff.
- Fans that choose to consume alcohol must do so in a legal and responsible manner. Intervention with an intoxicated or impaired fan will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Fans shall comply with requests from venue staff regarding venue operational and emergency procedures.
- Fans may not engage in unauthorized commercial activity while on venue property.
Grossinger Motors Arena reserves the right to eject guests without a ticket refund whose behavior is against policy, unruly and/or illegal. If you observe a guest behaving in such a manner, consult an Arena representative.
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Selfie sticks | telescopic devices
- Computers | laptops
- Outside food or beverage
- Alcohol of any type
- Cans | bottles | coolers | other similar containers
- Video camera | audio recorders
- Laser pens | laser products
- Noise makers | air horns
- Weapons of any kind including licensed concealed carry weapons | knives | mace | blades | tools
- Backpacks | large bags | duffel bags | sealed packages of any kind
- Fireworks or any incendiary device
- Drones or any other model aircraft
- Smoking | vaping
- Large umbrellas with a pointed tip
- Any poster or sign larger than 22" x 28"
- No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization directed toward any person
- Flag poles or any support frames for banners | signs
- Hazardous items (chemicals | paints | fuel)
- Balloons | confetti | glitter | stickers | glow sticks
Any other item deemed unacceptable by Grossinger Motors Arena management.
In response to the need for heightened security procedures, Grossinger Motors Arena has implemented the following policies to ensure a safe, enjoyable event experience for all guests.
At the discretion of Grossinger Motors Arena security personnel, certain items are deemed hazardous or potentially dangerous and are denied access to the facility. Upon entering the venue, guests will be exposed to handheld security wands, electronic magnetometers and bag searches. Guests will be required to remove hats and empty pockets of all items prior to scanning. Each guest will be allowed to carry in one (1) clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bag that does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” or one (1), one-gallon clear plastic bag. In addition to a clear plastic bag each guest will be allowed to carry in one (1) small clutch that does not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”. Diaper bags (with a child 3 and under) and bags carrying medically necessary items will be allowed after a visual inspection inside the bag is completed by security. Guests who have bags larger than this size will be asked to return them to their vehicle or discard them. All bags, purses or personal items of any size will be subject to search. In the event that prohibited items are revealed during a search, the guest will be permitted to return the item to their vehicle or the item will be confiscated prior to guest entrance. Grossinger Motors Arena is unable to store over-sized or prohibited items.
Building management has the sole right to determine the type of pre-event screening and what items are prohibited.
Due to the fact that these security measures may cause slight delays, fans are encouraged to arrive early to allow adequate time to enter the building.
Frequently Asked Questions About Security Procedures
Why are there new security procedures for Grossinger Motors Arena?
The mandatory introduction of bag searches and walk-through or hand held metal detectors is in line with what is becoming industry standard across NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA venues and the Grossinger Motors Arena is happy to comply with any enhancement that improves customer safety.
What items do I need to remove from my pockets or clothing before walking through the metal detectors?
Guests will be asked to remove all items including keys, phones, mobile devices, wallets/money clips, etc.
Do I have to remove my shoes and other metal including belts, jewelry, hair clips, etc…?
Unlike at an airport, guests will NOT be asked to remove shoes, belts, small jewelry, hair clips or small amounts of loose change during the initial screening.
What happens if an alarm sounds?
In the event an alarm is triggered, a secondary search will be conducted by a certified security staff member.
If I am an expectant mother, do I have to pass through the wand screening process?
It is safe for expectant mothers to pass through the wand screening process.
What is the policy for children?
Children are subject to screening, however, parents with an infant may carry the baby. Baby carriers should be empty and will be wanded. Parents who are attending with small children who are able to walk on their own are invited to proceed through the checkpoints alongside their children.